Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Syttende Mai

My running buddy Tom Schlaefer and I ran the Syttende Mai last weekend. This is a fun local 20 mile run from Madison to Stoughton. It is run from the state capital square through local countryside ending up along main street in Stoughton. The morning was a bit brisk. I ran from the house to add a few more miles (6 it turns out which was a few more than I thought). Anyway, the run was fun; I finished in about 2hrs and 43 minutes although my name and time are missing from the results? I wonder if the chip timing malfunctioned because I ran over all the mats and they called out my name at the finish?

I have decided to run the Kettle 100 in early June so I need to keep my mileage base up. I am shooting for 50 mile weeks for a few weeks and tapering the first week of June. I have not run a 100 mile race since Western States 2 years ago. It is a bit intimidating but I have decided to just try to have some fun with the Kettle. It is a course I am somewhat familiar with (at least parts). I will try to run steady for the first 100K and then hold on for the last section at night. Lets see how the next few weeks go.

No comments:

Post a Comment