Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Happened to the Year

Okay. Its still only October and the summer weather has not moved out yet. It was in the 80's last week which is a bit of a drag because last weekend was the Glacial Trail 50 mile race that I vowed to get revenge for a breakdown two years ago. Well, the good news is that that trail kicked by sorry ass again. I think I may have topped my time by 3 minutes from 10 hr and 58 minutes to 10 hr and 55 minutes - now the two slowest 50 mile times I have ever run (if you want to call it that).

Race recap - Kudos to Robert Wehner and all the volunteers. It is a blast to see Tom and Lorraine Bunk, Julie Treder, etc. at the aid stations. I ran the first half in 4hr 30 minutes and then I bonked for the next 6 1/2 hrs. I remember seeing Christine Crawford at the mile 30 aid station. I plopped down in the shade next to her and she asked if I was done. I replied that I was done but I was going on. It was about 5 miles past there that I had a bad vomiting episode where I lost all the fluids I had consumed for the prior 30 minutes. I could get nutrition to stay down. At Baker Lake, Julie T and Lorraine B. gave me ice and ginger ale and I plonked down for another 10 minutes before staggering on. I kept waiting for the second or third wind. Maybe I did get them because I finished but I cannot really differentiate between struggle and hope.

Next Year dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment