Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Still

I went out for a run this morning. The thermometer read -2 when I headed out the door and the wind chill was about -15. I decided to do the run to the UW Arboretum which is about 4 miles one way and then see what I felt like doing. I actually did not feel too cold starting out. The layering I had on helped alot. When I got to the Arb. I decided to try a turnaround at 9 miles and then back to the barn. This ended up being about 18.75 miles for the day. For some reason (probably because it was cold as hell) my 'member' was chilling up at about 15 miles. I had some hand warmers so put one of those in my wind briefs which did the job. Anyway, it has been a pretty good week for mileage. I will end up with 52 or so after tomorrows run. Next week is the John Dick 50K which it looks like might be good this year. The run the last two years has been on snow so we are supposed to get an inch or two over the next week which should soften the icy crust that is currently on the ground - no snow for two weeks or so but no warm weather either.

Still bummed about Chippewa 50K cancellation? WTF?

I am still unsure what to set for goals this year. I would like to do the Mad City 100k in early April. The Ice Age 50 and Kettle are always good races. Maybe I should look for something out of the state??

1 comment: